The Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia in fulfillment of her mandate to provide Quality and Qualitative Health Care Services, intends to use her budgetary allocation for the procurement of works, goods and services towards achieving her mandate as appropriated by the Federal Government in the 2022 Capital Budget.
Accordingly, the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia in line with its uploaded Procurement Plan on NOCOPO invites qualified, interested and eligible Companies (Manufacturers, Suppliers, and Contractors etc.) to tender for the following procurement of Goods, Works and services in the 2021 Capital Budget.
- SCOPES OF GOODS/WORKS/SERVICES
CATEGORY A: GOODS
LOT D1: Furnishing and Equipping of the Newly Constructed Modern Accident and Emergency/Modern Intensive Care Unit Centre.
LOT D2: Furnishing of the Newly Renovated and Expansion of office Complex to include Telemedicine Area.
LOT D6: Furnishing of the Newly Constructed In-vitro Fertilization Complex.
CATEGORY B: WORKS
LOT D7: Modernization of Mobid Anatomy Unit
LOT D8: Modernization of the Medical Library with E-Library Facilities
LOT D9: Construction of Interns Quarters with flats
LOT D10: Upgrade of the Nursing Service Department Building
LOT D11: Upgrade of the Ophthalmology Department Building
LOT D13: Upgrade of the Specialist Clinic Building to House ENT Clinic
LOT D14: Procurement/Installation of Intercom Facilities to enhance Security /Communication within the Centre.
LOT D15: Rehabilitation and Furnishing of our Dilapidated Outpost Centre in Okafia Community, Igbere Bende LGA, Abia State.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Interested bidders shall submit the following documents in their technical bid:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2022; with minimum average annual turnover of: Works
N100million, Goods N50million;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder’s annual turnover is
N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December, 2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- that no Director has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter;
- that the Company is not in receivership, the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings;
- That the company does not have existing loan or financial liability with a bank, other financial institution or third party that is classified as doubtful, non-performance, bad or whose repayment portion has been outstanding for the last four (4) months;
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years -2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease Agreement;
- Medical & Health Equipment: Letter of Authorisation from the Original Equipment Manufacturers listed in the Approved Policy for Procurement of Health and Medical Equipment for Tertiary Hospitals in Nigeria;
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
NOTE: All pages of document submitted must be serially arranged and authenticated by the Company’s CEO or his/her representative, failure will lead to disqualification.
4. COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
The bid document can be obtained from the procurement unit, Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia upon an evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee of Ten Thousand Naira (
N10,000.00) only paid into Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia’s Remita Account in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
5. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidders are to submit two (2) hard copies of the Technical and Financial Bids packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked ‘‘Technical Bid’’ or ‘‘Financial Bid’’ with the name of the bidder, address and phone number. Put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope with name of bidder, address and phone number addressed to;
The Medical Director, Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia.
The bid document should be deposited in the tender box specified for the project at the office of the Head Procurement, Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia not later than 12:00 noon on Monday 27th June, 2022. Company name and address should also be written at the reverse side of the envelope. Prospective Bidders should ensure they sign the register provided on submission of bid documents. Late submission will be returned un-opened.
6. OPENING OF TECHNICAL BIDS
Only the Technical Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 27thJune, 2022 at the Board Room 2nd Floor, new Administration Complex while the financial bids will be kept un-opened. All bidders or their representatives, relevant professional bodies and NGOs are invited to witness the public opening exercise.
7. GENERAL INFORMATION
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
- Bids must be in Naira Currency.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- All costs will be borne by the bidder.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Centre or shall it entitle tenderers to make any claims or seek any indemnity from the Centre by virtue of their response to the Advertisement.
- All CAC, PENCOM, ITF, NSITF and TAX certificates maybe referred to the Security Agencies, Corporate Affairs Commission, Federal Inland Revenue (FIRS), National Pension Commission and other relevant bodies for verification.
- Attendees at the bids opening shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitiser, wear mask and observe physical distancing. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording and invitation link will be sent to bidder who chooses to join the bid opening online;
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- The Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia reserve the right to annul the process at any time without incurring any liability in accordance with section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.